Photo nicked from the good folks at
Daphne Ashbrook comes from a theatrical family in San Diego. Her father is head
of Palomar College's drama department, and her mother is a teacher who still acts
in local theater. Her sister Taylor and brother Dana are also actors. Dana
played Bobby Briggs in the series Twin Peaks.
Daphne has appeared in both television and movies. She is best known to science
fiction fans as Ensign Melora Pazlar from the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine second
season episode "Melora." Melora was a beautiful and strong-minded but wheelchair-bound
woman. Doctor Bashir falls in love with her and tries to help her, but she
decides that she is better off as she is.
- Knight Rider: "A Knight in Shining Armor" (1984)
- Riptide: "Where the Girls Are" (1984)
- Street Hawk: "Dog Eat Dog" (1985)
- A-Team: "Road Games" (Feb 5, 1985)
- Simon and Simon (1985)
- The Fall Guy: "Reel Trouble" (1985)
- Our Family Honor (1985-Jan. 1986) - Officer Liz McKay (regular)
- Fortune Dane (Feb.-Mar. 1986) - Speed Davenport (regular)
- Falcon Crest: "False Faces" and "Dirty Tricks" (1988)
- Sisters (1989, unaired pilot)
- Hooperman: "In the Still of My Pants", "The Dating Game",
"Dog Day Afternoon, Morning, and Night,"
"Take My Building, Please" (1989)
- Midnight Heat (1993)
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: "Melora" - Ensign Melora Pazlar (Oct 30, 1993)
- Sweet Justice: "Fire" (1995)
- JAG (1995?)
- Brothers-in-Law (1985) - Barbara Jean
- That Secret Sunday (1986) - Collie Sherwood
- Perry Mason: The Case of the Murdered Madam (1987) - Miranda
- Carly's Web (1987) - Carly Foxe
- Longarm aka Showdown in Silver City (1988) - Pearl
- 14 Going on 30 (1988, 2-part) - Peggy Noble
- Rock Hudson (1990) - Phyllis Gates
- Daughters of Privilege (1991) - Mary Hope
- Intruders (1992, 2-part) - Lesley Hahn
- Poisoned by Love: The Kern County Murders (1993) - Dyna
- Automatic (1994)
- Jake Lassiter: Justice on the Bayou (1995) - Susan Corrigan
- Gimme an "F" (1984) - Phoebe
- Quiet Cool (1986)
- Sunset Heat (1991) - Julie
Back to the TARDIS.
Based on a second viewing of "Melora," it seems likely that Daphne will be playing a strong, not-to-be-trifled with character, a far cry from the traditional Doctor Who runner and screamer. We shall see.
Back to the TARDIS.